APS : Thursday, 25 February 2016
ALGIERS- The Opera of Algiers “will open before the month of Ramadan”
with the “completion of exterior works,” Minister of Culture Azzedine Mihoubi said Wednesday in Algiers.
The training of the Algerian technicians was “ongoing”.
Following the official signing ceremony of the project of the Opera of Algiers at the Culture Palace with Chinese ambassador in Algiers Yang Guangyu, Mihoubi said that this infrastructure “is completed in its technical and artistic aspects.
“Only the exterior works remain, before announcing the opening date to be fixed by the President of the Republic.”
The minister insisted that facility “reflects the long-standing friendship” between Algeria and China and it will value the diversity of the Algerian culture and heritage, notably the symphony orchestra and the national ballet.
Opera of Algiers, which first stone was laid in 2012, is a gift from China, worth €30 million; on the occasion of the state visit by President the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika to China in 2006.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister