APS : Saturday, 22 December 2018
ALGIERS-Minister of Energy, Mustapha Guitouni will take part Sunday in Kuwait in the meeting of the Ministerial Council of the Organization of Arab Petroleum Exporting Countries (OAPEC),
the Ministry announced Friday in a communiqué.
During the meeting, the ministers will discuss the conclusions and recommendations of technical committees, said the source.
Participants will also focus on the situation of the international oil market, said the communiqué.
OAPEC was created in 1968 by Kuwait, Libya and Saudi Arabia. Algeria joined the organization in 1970.
Composed of 10 member countries, the organization, based in Kuwait, coordinates the energy policies draft by Arab countries to boost their economic development.
OAPEC supervises oil development cooperation, collective projects and regional integration.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum