APS : Sunday, 10 December 2017
ALGIERS- The 99th ministerial meeting of the Organization of Arab Petroleum Exporting Countries (OAPEC) was “fruitful and coherent,” said Sunday in Kuwait Minister of Energy Mustapha Guitouni.
The minister said that there were convergence of positions between the OAPEC member states on the evolution of the global oil market, which would strengthen the organization’s position as a key player on the world petroleum scene and its relations with other energy organizations.
The meeting allowed the member states to examine and debate the outcomes and recommendations of the OAPEC technical committees in the light of the developments in the global oil market, said Guitouni on the sidelines of the ministerial meeting.
The participants focused on regional issues, OAPEC activities and the preparations for the 11th Arab Energy Conference, in addition to the project of OAPEC data bank and other issues related to environment and climate.
OAPEC is an Arab intergovernmental organization founded in 1968 by Kuwait, Libya and Saudi Arabia. Algeria joined in 1972.
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied