APS Tuesday, 10 April 2018
ALGIERS- Nearly 700 national and foreign economic operators are taking part in the 16th international food fair, Djazagro 2018.
The fair was inaugurated Monday by Minister of Agriculture, Rural Development and Fisheries Abdelkader Bouazghi and Minister of Commerce Said Djellab at the Exhibition Centre of Algiers.
The two ministers visited several stands of the economic fair, which sees the participation of 170 Algerian producers.
The Fair which runs from 9 to 12 April is expected to receive over 21,000 professional visitors.
“The fair includes 170 Algerian producers,” Djellab told a news briefing following the fair inauguration.
The integration rate of their products currently exceeds 60%.
The Minister of Commerce added that the national production is of “good quality” while two and three years ago, many agricultural products were “imported.”
“There has been a keen interest in investment and in increasing the local production capacities. Operators at this fair have already exported and have the potential to increase their exports to other countries,” he added.
As for him, Minister Agriculture, Rural Development and Fisheries said that the fair is “very successful” given the large number of the participating exhibitors.
Economic operators from 34 countries are participating in the 16th Djazagro Fair.
The 170 participating national operators are activating in the fields of the manufacturing of basic equipments for food processing industry.
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya