APS : Thursday, 29 November 2018
ALGIERS- Algeria, through minister of Tourism and Craft Industry Abdelkader Benmessaoud, stressed Wednesday in Nairobi, Kenya, the importance of promoting blue economy
as part of rational governance and management to meet various challenges and achieve sustainable development.
“The promotion of blue economy in the light of rational governance and management of resources is aimed at supporting the economies of the concerned countries and ensure the interests of their future generations,” Benmessaoud said following the high-level conference on sustainable blue economy.
The minister put forward Algeria’s position, stressing the need to find funding mechanisms to allow developing countries to address the issue as part of a fair international cooperation,” especially as current and future challenges require “combining efforts to meet sustainable development goals (SDGs).”
“The minister had a busy schedule including bilateral meetings with his counterparts from different European and African countries, such as the Irish minister of Trade and Employment, Barbados’ minister of Maritime Affairs and Blue Economy and the ambassador, special representative of the UN chief for oceans, with whom he discussed means and methods to boost and promote partnership in sustainable development.”
- President Tebboune receives Coordinator for Middle East, North Africa at US National Security Council
- (Français) Le président Tebboune reçoit les chefs des délégations au Colloque sur “le droit d’accès” à la “justice constitutionnelle”
- Algeria strongly condemns massacre perpetrated in DR Congo
- (Français) L’Algérie abrite la 9e conférence de haut niveau sur la paix et la sécurité en Afrique
- Algeria-Jordan: Need to expand bilateral cooperation