APS : Friday, 15 April 2016
WASHINGTON (U.S.A)- Minister of Finance, Abderrahmane Benkhalfa participated Thursday, in Washington, in the G24 meeting, devoted to the review of global growth prospects and the ways to secure international financial system.
During the meeting held behind closed doors, the Finance ministers who represent this inter-governmental group, made up of emerging and developing countries focused on the implementation of a global financial safety net able to face liquidity problems.
This mechanism must rely on the financial resources of the International of the Monetary Fund (IMF) and multilateral development banks, which are called to play a vital role in financing investment projects in developing countries.
During this meeting, the debate focused on the IMF’s main role in this mechanism, and the measures to be taken by the fund to meet needs of short-term liquidity of developing countries.
- (Français) Forum sur la contribution de la Femme Algérienne dans le développement de l’économie
- Commemorating National Migration Day
- Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation