APS : Tuesday, 31 January 2017
ALGIERS- The works of the ordinary session of the General Secretariat of the International Confederation of Arab Trade Unions (ICATU) have got underway Tuesday in Algiers.
The session will be devoted mainly to its programme of action for 2017, with a focus on issues related to migration, employment and decent jobs.
In a statement to the press, ICATU Secretary General Ghessan Ghosn said that the two-day meeting will examine the 2017 action plan, ahead of the two major events: the meeting of the Conference of Arab Labour Organization (ALO) in Cairo, Egypt and the meeting of the International Labour Organization (ILO) in Geneva, Switzerland.
Algiers meeting will address the issues of migration, employment and decent jobs, following the recent escalation of violence and hostilities against Arabs and Muslims, he explained.
“Arab immigrants do not enjoy their fundamental rights, especially in their places of work,” he said, adding that “Arab trade unions have a lot to do to restore these rights.”
Themes that will be debated in Algiers will be submitted to the next meetings of the Arab Labour Organization and the International Labour Organization.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart