APS : Thursday, 26 July 2018
ALGIERS- Minister of Foreign Affairs Abdelkader Messahel held Thursday discussions, on the sidelines of the Ministerial Conference of Religious Freedoms in Washington,
with the US Department of State’s Acting Assistant Secretary for Political and Military Affairs Tina Kaidanow, said a communiqué of the Foreign Affairs Ministry.
The talks allowed the two sides to discuss bilateral relations, notably “in the security field and ways to strengthen them,” added the source.
The situation in the Sahel region, notably in Libya, was also broached. In this regard, the two officials underlined their “commitment to the stability of Libya and the need to reach a political solution that will enable the region to face the challenges and threats, particularly terrorism, organized crime and illegal immigration,” said the communiqué.
The two sides also exchanged views on the main themes on the agenda of the conference.
- (العربية) 5 جويلية الذكرى الستون لعيد الإستقلال تاريخ مجيد و عهد جديد
- President Tebboune kicks off Mediterranean Games 2022 in Oran
- Lamamra receives UNWTO Secretary General
- President Tebboune holds one-on-one meeting with Emir of the State of Qatar
- MG Oran 2022: Turkish Vice-President Fuat Oktay in Oran to attend opening ceremony