APS : Thursday, 26 July 2018
ALGIERS- Minister of Foreign Affairs Abdelkader Messahel held Thursday discussions, on the sidelines of the Ministerial Conference of Religious Freedoms in Washington,
with the US Department of State’s Acting Assistant Secretary for Political and Military Affairs Tina Kaidanow, said a communiqué of the Foreign Affairs Ministry.
The talks allowed the two sides to discuss bilateral relations, notably “in the security field and ways to strengthen them,” added the source.
The situation in the Sahel region, notably in Libya, was also broached. In this regard, the two officials underlined their “commitment to the stability of Libya and the need to reach a political solution that will enable the region to face the challenges and threats, particularly terrorism, organized crime and illegal immigration,” said the communiqué.
The two sides also exchanged views on the main themes on the agenda of the conference.
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied