APS : Sunday, 05 November 2017
ALGIERS- Algeria’s fencing team, which was eliminated in team events at the Men’s Sabre World Cup, held November 3-5 at the exhibition centre of Algiers, ranked as the best Arab and African nation in the tournament.
“It’s a good thing as it will allow us to improve our ranking,” national coach, Mohamed Zerf, said just after Algeria’s elimination in the round of 32, after its defeat against Hong Kong (45-26).
The Algerian team had already ensured the title of the tournament’s best Arab and African nation as they had achieved a better score than their Arab and African opponents, including Morocco, which was eliminated by Belgium (45-13).
“Replacement matches will be held in the next round, the round of the last 16.”
Only 18 out of the 27 nations competing in Algiers took part in team events in the round of 32 atf the Men’s Sabre World Cup 2017, namely Algeria, Belgium, Canada, France, Great Britain, Georgia, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Italy, Iran, Japan, South Korea, Morocco, Romania, Russia, Ukraine and the United States.
Algeria’s next challenge in men’s sabre event is the European Circuit tournament, to take place in Russia.
Three athletes are due to represent Algeria in Russia event, namely Akram Bounabi, Anis Maïri and Adam Izem, the national coach said Sunday.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée
- Fire at fuel depot in Jakarta: Algeria offers condolences to Republic of Indonesia