Lord Risby: UK still interested in energy investment in Algeria
APS : Monday, 28 March 2016
LONDON-The United Kingdom is still interested in energy investment in Algeria,
mainly renewable energy, British Prime Minister’s Special Representative for Economic Partnership with Algeria Lord Richard Risby told APS Monday, stressing that the withdrawal of BP’s gas sites in In Salah and In Amenas is temporary.
“BP (British Petroleum) has taken a temporary decision regarding its staff based in Algeria,” Lord Risby affirmed, stressing that his country is still interested in investing in Algeria.
The British official also stated that the projects launched in Algeria in the fields of hydrocarbons and renewable energies interest British companies that currently follow their development to participate in it.
“Algeria is committed in strengthening its energy investments through its strong commitment to renewable energies that we closely follow,” he added.
He also reiterated the British government’s willingness to support Algeria in the diversification process of its economy launched by authorities to boost non-hydrocarbon investment.
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée
- Fire at fuel depot in Jakarta: Algeria offers condolences to Republic of Indonesia
- Algeria calls on NAM states to step up efforts to enshrine its founding principles