APS : Wednesday, 19 October 2016
ALGIERS- The 2nd meeting of ministers in charge of locust control of the African States members of the Commission for Controlling the Desert Locust in the Western Region (CLCPRO) will be held next Tuesday in Algiers, said a communiqué of the Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Development and Fishing.
This ministerial meeting, organized jointly by the Ministry of Agriculture and CLCPRO, “has a major importance for the durability of preventive control strategy in the region because it is the second time that it is organized in the period of locust lull,” said the communiqué.
The meeting will also be marked by the participation of several countries notably Burkina Faso, Libya, Mali, Morocco, Mauritania, Niger, Senegal, Chad and Tunisia.
It will be preceded Monday 24 October by a preparatory meeting of experts of locust control of the member States of CLCPRO, added the source.
CLSPRO, created in 2002, aims mainly at coordinating the locust control efforts between the member countries.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart