APS : Tuesday, 13 February 2018
ALGIERS- The ned to promote smart cities and the Internet of Things (IoT) in the Arab world has been Tuesday at the center of the works of the ITU Regional Development Forum for the Arab Region (RDF-ARB)
being held since Monday in Algiers.
The participants at the forum, organized by the Arab regional office of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), said that in the face of a growing population, we should find new methods to get access to resources, transport, the management of energy and the preservation of environment.
The expert in digital ecosystem Bharat Vagadia said the integration of information and communication technologies in the management of water distribution, energy, waste treatment or transport system will make the city more pleasant to live, with more effective services.
In this regard, he called for “effective cooperation” between the public and the private sectors and the generalization of very high-speed fixed and mobile broadband networks in Arab countries.
It is the only condition for the Arab world to get interconnection among the different structures of each of its countries.”
ICT specialist Brahim Ghribi said smart cities may benefit from the advantages of the Internet of Things, which makes it possible to exchange information and intercommunicate among them and interact with their users.
- President Tebboune receives Coordinator for Middle East, North Africa at US National Security Council
- (Français) Le président Tebboune reçoit les chefs des délégations au Colloque sur “le droit d’accès” à la “justice constitutionnelle”
- Algeria strongly condemns massacre perpetrated in DR Congo
- (Français) L’Algérie abrite la 9e conférence de haut niveau sur la paix et la sécurité en Afrique
- Algeria-Jordan: Need to expand bilateral cooperation