APS : Tuesday, 19 April 2016
LONDON- Investment prospects in Algeria were presented to British businessmen in a meeting organized, Monday evening in London, by the Algerian-British Business Council “ABBC.”
The Algerian ambassador to the United Kingdom Amar Abba made a presentation on prospects of the Algerian economy and bilateral economic cooperation in a round table organized by the head of ABBC Olga Maitland.
The meeting was devoted to the representatives of British companies working in Algeria and others, interested in the Algerian market.
On this occasion, Abba broached measures taken by the government in Algeria to deal with the drop in oil prices, notably in terms of taxes, fight against informal economy, rationalization of imports, promotion of national production and increase in non-hydrocarbon exports.
He encouraged the British companies to further invest in Algeria as part of partnerships and to contribute to the diversification of the Algerian economy, particularly in sectors such as agriculture, tourism, renewable energies, pharmaceutical industry and information and communication technologies ICTs.
The ambassador seized the occasion to inform the participants about the holding, on 22 May 2016 in Algiers, of a second Algerian-British Forum on trade and investment which will be an opportunity to better identify partnerships.
This economic event is meant to present to British businessmen investment opportunities in Algeria and the comparative advantages of the Algerian market and to identify the sectors in which the two countries can further strengthen their economic cooperation.
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization
- Algeria vigorously condemns terrorist attack on Chad security forces
- Algeria partakes in 28th International Travel Show in Poland
- (Français) Réunion préparatoire du Sommet extraordinaire de l’UA sur l’industrialisation : Lamamra met en avant l’expérience de l’Algérie
- Holding of 7th session of political consultations between Algeria, Argentina