APS : Saturday, 05 March 2016
AIN-DEFLA (Algeria)- Lithuanian cyclist Tomas Vaitkus, from Nasr-Dubai team, won Saturday the first stage of the International Tour of Oran (432-km west of Algiers), the second event of the Grand Tour of Algeria (GTAC-2016).
In the first stage, a 12O-Km section between Zeralda and Ain-Defla, the Lithuanian clocked 3:21:06, ahead of Algerian Nassim Saidi, from national team, and Eritrean Tesfom Okubmariam.
The Lithuanian won the leader’s yellow jersey in addition to the best sprinter’s red jersey.
The polka dot jersey of the best climber went to Eritrean Tesfom while the best hopeful’s white jersey was won by Algerian Nassim Saidi.
- UNGA: Process of building new Algeria continues resolutely under leadership of President Tebboune
- (Français) Les efforts de l’Algérie pour régler les crises internationales salués
- Lamamra holds talks with Chinese counterpart
- Lamamra received, in New York, by East Timor’s President
- Algerian diplomacy regains position, says President Tebboune