APS : Tuesday, 15 March 2016
SETIF (Algeria)- Algerian cyclist Adil Barbari, from the Emirates’ Nasr-Dubai Club, on Tuesday has won the third stage of the International Cycling Tour of Setif, the fifth event of the Grand Tour of Algeria (GTAC 2016), while his teammate Moroccan Essaid Abelouache is still wearing the leader’s yellow jersey.
In this third stage (Setif-Ain Azel-Setif), run over a distance of 149 km, the Algerian cyclist finished first clocking 3:26.07, ahead of his two teammates Abelouache and Lithuanian Tomas Vaitkus.
The Moroccan cyclist kept the leader’s yellow jersey, best sprinter’s red jersey and best climber’s polka dot jersey, while the best hopeful’s white jersey went to Tunisian Ali Nouissri.
The fourth and last stage of the International Tour of Setif, which will take place on Wednesday, will stretch over a distance of 114 km (Setif-Dehamcha-Setif).
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum