APS : Wednesday, 26 October 2016
ALGIERS- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Arab Organization for Agricultural Development (AOAD) inked Wednesday, in Algiers, an agreement on the establishment of a regional office of the organization in Algiers which will cover the region of the Maghreb.
The agreement was signed by Director General of Protocol at Foreign Affairs Ministry Lounes Magramane and AOAD’s Director General Tarek Ben Moussa Al-Zadjali.
Through this office, the organization will contribute to the programmes of the Arab countries relating to the agricultural development and food safety, said Al-Zadjali on this occasion.
“The office will cover the Maghreb region and consequently its programmes will be more specific and will deal with issues common to this region, including climate and management of production,” he said.
In 1970, the Arab countries agreed to create an organization specialized in the agricultural development whose headquarters is in Khartoum (Sudan).
- UNGA: Process of building new Algeria continues resolutely under leadership of President Tebboune
- (Français) Les efforts de l’Algérie pour régler les crises internationales salués
- Lamamra holds talks with Chinese counterpart
- Lamamra received, in New York, by East Timor’s President
- Algerian diplomacy regains position, says President Tebboune