IFAD: Algeria’s efforts for agricultural development highlighted in Rome
APS : Tuesday, 13 February 2018
ALGIERS- The minister of Agriculture, Rural Development and Fisheries Abdelkader Bouazghi presented Tuesday, in Rome (Italy),
Algeria’s approach for the development of the agricultural sector, whose dynamic strongly contributes in the economic growth and the improvement of the country’s food security.
Speaking at the 41st session of the Governing Council of the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) taking place Tuesday and Wednesday in the Italian capital, the minister said that Algeria’s agricultural sector has noted, since the 2000s, under the leadership of the president of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika, a momentum that allows it, today, to significantly contribute in the country’s economic growth and raising the standards of its food security.”
In parallel to the implementation of programmes aimed at modernizing the country’s agriculture, sustainable intensification of strategic productions, the regulation of markets and the preservation of natural resources, “the efforts focus on the development of family farming and the strengthening of its role in rural economy and the feeding of rural populations,” he said.
In this regard, the minister that the economic and social environment of the act of investment and production was established through notably, the settlement of the issue of agricultural land, the facilities granted in terms of access to finance and credit and the implementation of modernized agricultural insurances.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée