APS : Saturday, 24 December 2016
RHOURDE NOUSS (ILLIZI)- Sonatrach spends more than $ 9 billion a year on investments in exploration and operations, accounting for 65% of the company’s total investments between 2015 and 2021, said Saturday in Rhourde Nouss (Illizi), the Group’s Vice President of Exploration and Production, Salah Mekmouche.
“More than 25% of these investments are made by foreign partners of Sonatrach,” Mekmouche told the press after his visit to the Rhourde-Nouss gas complex.
A part of these investments helped to deliver more than 250 hydrocarbon wells in 2016, while approximately 290 others will be delivered in 2017. “We were able to achieve our objectives with the same means of drilling,” said the official.
In this regard, he pointed out that several gas projects will be commissioned in 2017, like the Al-Ghar project, Tiguentourine (in January), In Salah, Regane of Adrar, Timimoune as well as oil wells in the Berkine Basin.
Speaking about Sonatrach’s international projects, Mekmouche recalled that the national company, through its subsidiary Sipex, has exploration blocks in Mauritania, Niger where the drilling of the first wells will begin in 2017, Tunisia, Mali, Libya and assets in Peru.
According to the same manager, Sonatrach plans to acquire, alone or in partnership, assets in sub-Saharan Africa and Iraq.
- (Français) Forum sur la contribution de la Femme Algérienne dans le développement de l’économie
- Commemorating National Migration Day
- Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation