APS : Tuesday, 15 November 2022
ALGIERS-Sonatrach Group signed Tuesday in Algiers a contract for the purchase and sale of natural gas with Geoplin Company for the supply of natural gas to Slovenia through the gas pipeline linking Algeria to Italy
for three years starting from January 2023.
The signing ceremony took place at the headquarters of the group, in the presence of the Minister of Foreign Affairs and National Community abroad, Ramtane Lamamra, the Minister of Energy and Mines, Mohamed Arkab, the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Slovenia, Tanjia Fajon, and the Slovenian Minister of Infrastructure, Bojan Kumer.
The agreement was signed by the Director of the Gas Marketing Department, Samia Hamadache, and the Director of Geoplin, Mitja Bitenc, in the presence of Sonatrach CEO, Toufik Hakkar.
“This agreement allows Sonatrach, on the one hand, to regain a share of the Slovenian market that it supplied with natural gas through the Enrico Mattei pipeline between 1992 and 2012, and on the other hand, to contribute to meeting Europe’s natural gas needs,” said Sonatrach Group in a statement.
“The agreement sealed today is the result of fruitful discussions between the two groups. It reflects the excellence of their cooperation and demonstrates their common willingness to consolidate their long-term relationship,” said the same source.
“This agreement also strengthens the role of Algeria as a reliable long-term supplier of the European market.”
- President Tebboune receives Coordinator for Middle East, North Africa at US National Security Council
- (Français) Le président Tebboune reçoit les chefs des délégations au Colloque sur “le droit d’accès” à la “justice constitutionnelle”
- Algeria strongly condemns massacre perpetrated in DR Congo
- (Français) L’Algérie abrite la 9e conférence de haut niveau sur la paix et la sécurité en Afrique
- Algeria-Jordan: Need to expand bilateral cooperation