APS : Tuesday, 22 February 2022
DOHA (Qatar)- Algeria “is a reliable country” in terms of natural gas supply and “intends to remain so,” President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune said Tuesday in Doha.
“My country is known to be a reliable distributor and supplier of natural gas for more than half a century and intends to remain so,” President Tebboune said in an address at the sixth Summit of Heads of State and Government of the Gas Exporting Countries Forum (GECF).
Algeria is a “pioneer in the development and upgrading of natural gas,” he noted, adding that it is at the forefront of the progress made in the liquefied natural gas (LNG) industry.
It intends to carry on developing its “significant” natural gas resources “in the best interest of our people and in the best possible way, as part of cooperation and partnership, but not to the detriment of the environment.”
President Tebboune said that Algeria, in its capacity as one of the GECF’s founding members, has repeatedly stressed the importance of gas in sustainable development.
This fact, he added, was confirmed during the health crisis resulting from the Covid-19 pandemic, as the whole world “has resorted to this resource to meet its energy needs.”
- UNGA: Process of building new Algeria continues resolutely under leadership of President Tebboune
- (Français) Les efforts de l’Algérie pour régler les crises internationales salués
- Lamamra holds talks with Chinese counterpart
- Lamamra received, in New York, by East Timor’s President
- Algerian diplomacy regains position, says President Tebboune