APS :Thursday, 12 November 2020
ALGIERS- The 22nd ministerial meeting of the Gas Exporting Countries Forum (GECF) opened Thursday under the chairmanship of Algeria.
In a keynote address, the minister of Energy, chair of the GECF ministerial meeting, Abdelmadjid Attar, said the meeting, to focus on “the situation of the international gas market,” is responding to an exceptional international environment marked by the Covid-19 pandemic and its impact on the global economy.
He stressed the need for the Organization’s members to reorganize in order to face the new challenges facing the countries exporting natural gas, especially in the context of the Covid-19 and its impact on world demand for this natural resource and its prices.
Attar also highlighted the importance of technology transfer, notably through the establishment of the GECF Gas Research Institute (GRI), based in Algiers.
The creation of the GRI in Algeria was decided by the 19th ministerial meeting in Moscow, in October 2017.
It is a world-class research institute in the field of natural gas, which will contribute to strengthening cooperation among GECF member countries in the fields of technology, innovation, training and exchange of expertise.
The 22nd GECF ministerial meeting was preceded, Wednesday, by a roundtable discussion on the Covid-19 impact on the gas market.
- (Français) Forum sur la contribution de la Femme Algérienne dans le développement de l’économie
- Commemorating National Migration Day
- Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation