APS : Monday, 25 July 2016
ALGIERS- The GDP (gross domestic product) growth in Algeria stood at 3.6% in the first quarter of 2016 compared to the same period in 2015, with the recovery of some activities in the hydrocarbon sector and a slowdown in agriculture, the National Office of Statistics told APS on Monday.
Non-hydrocarbon growth hit 3.8% in Q1 2016, against 5.1% in Q1 2015, while outside agriculture went up by 3.5% over the first three months of 2016, according to figures provided by the ONS.
The added value the sector of agriculture showed a 4.8% growth in Q1 2016 against 6.3% during the same period a year earlier.
The slowdown is mainly due to the bad weather conditions, explained the ONS.
The hydrocarbon sector recorded a growth of 3.2% in Q1 2016, against -1.9% in Q1 2015, owing to development of refining and liquefaction activities.
The Industrial GDP growth hit 5% in the first three months of 2016, against 6.1% in Q1 2015, said the ONS.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart