APS : Thursday, 28 September 2017
ALGIERS- The 19th ministerial meeting of the Gas Exporting Countries Forum (GECF) will be held on Wednesday, in Moscow, with the participation of Minister of Energy Mustapha Guitouni,
said Thursday the ministry in a communiqué.
GECF is an inter-governmental organization created in the 8th session of the informal forum of the same countries, held in Moscow in December 2008.
It is currently made up of 12 member countries, namely Algeria, Bolivia, Equatorial Guinea, Egypt, Iran, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Russia, Trinidad and Tobago, United Arab Emirates and Venezuela, as well as seven (07) observer countries which are Iraq, Kazakhstan, Norway, Oman, the Netherlands, Peru and Azerbaijan.
GECF comprises countries which hold more than two-thirds of the world’s gas reserves.
According to its statutes, this organization aims at supporting the member countries’ sovereign rights on their natural gas resources and their capacity to plan and manage, autonomously, the development, use and protection of natural gas resources, in a sustainable and efficient manner while respecting environment.
The Forum also works for the promotion of dialogue between gas producers and consumer countries to ensure the stability and transparency of gas market and a fair price for market participants.
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya