APS : Wednesday, 03 February 2021
ALGIERS- Algeria has consolidated, in 2020, its position as the leading gas supplier to Spain and 2nd supplier to Italy, Sonatrach said Wednesday in a statement.
In 2020, Algeria exported to Italy a volume of gas of 14.8 bcm, a 12% increase compared to 2019, according to Sonatrach.
Its market share has thus increased to a level of 22% in 2020 against 18% the previous year.
“Algeria consolidates its position as the 2nd largest supplier of gas on the Italian market despite the decline in gas imports from Italy in 2020 which recorded a decline of 8% compared to 2019 to stand at 66 billion cubic meters,” said Sonatrach, explaining that this decline in consumption is due in particular to the Covid-19 pandemic.
On the other hand, Algeria is also consolidating its position as Spain’s leading gas supplier in 2020 with an export volume of 9.6 bcm (part of which is destined for Portugal) which represents a market share of over 29%.
It should be noted that Spain’s gas imports fell by approximately 13.5% in 2020 compared to 2019 to 32.6 billion cubic meters.
These gas volumes were delivered by pipeline through Medgaz and GME to Spain, via GEM to Italy and by SONATRACH’s fleet of LNG carriers (LNG).
- UNGA: Process of building new Algeria continues resolutely under leadership of President Tebboune
- (Français) Les efforts de l’Algérie pour régler les crises internationales salués
- Lamamra holds talks with Chinese counterpart
- Lamamra received, in New York, by East Timor’s President
- Algerian diplomacy regains position, says President Tebboune