APS : Thursday, 24 March 2016
CONSTANTINE- Spanish cyclist Rubio Jesus riding for Nasr-Dubai won Thursday, the second event of the International Cycling Tour of Constantine, eight event of the GTAC-2016 while his teammate Tomas Vaitkus put on the yellow jersey of leader.
The second event, ran over a distance of 157-kilometres, started at the new city of Ali Mendjli, which welcomed the caravan of the GTAC-2016.
At the end of the long race connecting the city of Constantine to Oum Al-Bouaghi, through the towns of Ain Karcha, Ain M’lila and Ain Fekroun, Spanish Rubio Jesus clocked 3h47:54, ahead of his teammates, Moroccan Essaid Abelouache, and Lithuanian Tomas Vaitkus, who achieved the same time.
Vaitkus snatched the yellow jersey of leader, while the red jersey of best sprinter went to Algerian Adil Barbari. Moroccan Essaid Abelouache won the polka dot jersey of best climber and Algerian Hamza Yacine kept the white jersey of best hopeful.
- Algeria: Security Council must adopt “firm position” to end occupation in Palestine
- Boukadoum takes part in OIC ministerial meeting on Palestine
- Occupied al Quds: Algeria leads Arab efforts to convene Security Council emergency meeting
- President Tebboune holds phone conversation with Tunisian counterpart
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan