APS : Sunday, 22 January 2017
ALGIERS- Minister of Finance Hadji Babaammi will partake in the meeting of Finance Ministers of the 5+5 Dialogue Forum of the Western Mediterranean countries to be held Tuesday in Paris, the ministry said.
This meeting constitutes an “occasion for the 5+5 countries finance ministers to engage exchanges on common-interest questions,” said the Finance Ministry in a communiqué.
The 5 + 5 Forum ministers will address issues related to the financial transparency and the implementation of international financial transparency standards established by the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) and the setting up of the measures to combat money-laundering and terrorism funding.
They will also discuss cooperation in the field of taxation, in particular the continuation of bilateral dialogues between tax administrations in order to ensure a uniform application of the Tax Treaties provisions.
The meeting will also focus on customs cooperation with a view to create a greater efficiency, particularly in the fight against large-scale trafficking, as well as opportunities for capacity building and training of customs personnel,” the statement said.
“The ministers will also have to exchange views on the financial stakes relating to climate change and the follow-up of the entry into force of the Paris agreement.”
- UNGA: Process of building new Algeria continues resolutely under leadership of President Tebboune
- (Français) Les efforts de l’Algérie pour régler les crises internationales salués
- Lamamra holds talks with Chinese counterpart
- Lamamra received, in New York, by East Timor’s President
- Algerian diplomacy regains position, says President Tebboune