APS : Wednesday, 17 March 2021
ANNABA (Algeria)- Algerian fertilizer company FERTIAL in Annaba (600-km east of Algiers) has exported a first batch of 15,000 tonnes of ammonia to Europe since its ammonia production unit resumed activity last February,
after a two-year break, the company’s management said Wednesday in a statement.
The export operation took place on Monday from the port of Annaba to Europe, to the great satisfaction of the Company’s workers and executives, who considered that the resumption of activities and export constitute a challenge and a success for this ammonia unit, which has managed to reposition itself on the market after an explosion in the unit, the statement said.
The explosion of Annaba’s FERTIAL ammonia unit occurred on 11 May 2019, resulting in a two-year shutdown for maintenance work, rehabilitation and standardization of the site in accordance with the requirements of industrial security.
The production capacity of the ammonia unit of FERTIAL, which reaches 1000 tonnes per day, is intended to cover the needs of the national market as well as export and production of fertilizers.
The Algerian fertilizer company has two industrial bases in Annaba and Arzew (Oran, 432-km west of Algiers).
It employs 900 workers and provides 2500 indirect jobs, the statement concluded.
- Belhimer: Algeria attaches particular importance to media role in defense of Arab questions
- (Français) Boukadoum prend part à la réunion consultative des ministres arabes des AE
- (Français) Patrimoine : Toufik Hamoum reconduit à la tête du Conseil consultatif de l’Unesco
- Renewable energy: Algeria has Africa’s third largest installed capacity in 2020
- Setting up by 2035 of strategy to combat desertification