EU Commissioner Hahn on visit to Algeria to reiterate EU’s support to diversification of country’s economy
APS : Wednesday, 19 July 2017
BRUSSELS- Commissioner for European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations Johannes is on a visit to Algeria to “reiterate the support” of the European Union (EU) to the diversification of the country’s economy,
announced Wednesday the European Commission in a communiqué.
“EU will continue supporting Algeria in its efforts aimed at diversifying its economy and improving its business environment,” said Hahn, quoted in the communiqué.
Underlining that EU- Algeria partnership priorities adopted in March put a strong emphasis on economic issues, the commissioner Hahn said that “it is now time to translate these priorities into concrete reforms and actions.”
A total of 18 projects supporting the economic growth amounting to more than 200 million Euros and covering several sectors, including agribusiness and promotion of renewable energies, have been identified.
Hahn’s visit to Algeria takes place four months after the adoption of EU-Algeria partnership priorities which “marked a new era in the political relations between the two partners,” said the European Commission.
Algeria and EU adopted their joint priorities of partnership during the Association Council of 13 March 2017. These partnership priorities, defined by a joint agreement as part of the revised European Neighbourhood Policy and EU’s overall strategy for foreign policy and security, establish “a renewed political cooperation framework and strengthened cooperation.”
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée