ALGIERS-The Ministry of Energy and the Desert Energy Initiative (Dii) should seal a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on the development of renewable energy in next April.
Speaking on the sidelines of the session devoted to oral questions at the People’s National Assembly (Lower House), Arkab said that the sector continued consultations with the Dii officials to find the ways to broaden bilateral cooperation so as to build photovoltaic power plants and reach energy efficiency.
According to the Government’s programme, which is part of the commitments of the president of the Republic, including “energy transition”, comprises a programme being implemented with a view to moving the production of electricity from gas to photovoltaic electrical energy.
The Energy Ministry had said that Algeria was interested in cooperating with the German consortium DII Desert Energy (Desertec) in order to strengthen renewable energy production capacities and better integrate them in the country’s electricity network.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart