APS : Wednesday, 07 February 2018
ALGIERS- A memorandum of understanding on research and development in the field of energy efficiency and renewable energy has been signed Wednesday in Algiers between the national hydrocarbon
group SONATRACH and the French company ENGIE.
The document was inked by the representative of SONATRACH, Karim Djebbour and Deputy CEO of ENGIE, Pierre Mongin.
The three-year agreement was signed during a meeting between the national hydrocarbon company and the delegation of the Movement of the Enterprises of France (MEDEF).
Each of the two parties would contribute financially to the implementation of the agreement, under which they agreed to identify means to implement renewable energy solutions in order to meet operational needs of SONATRACH group, and to draw on EBGIE expertise for the improvement of energy efficiency in the production sites of Sonatrach.
As part of the partnership, the national hydrocarbon group would benefit from a programme for the sharing of ENGIE expertise in the field of solar technology and energy efficiency.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum