APS : Tuesday, 18 February 2020
ALGIERS-Energy Minister Mohamed Arkab on Monday received a delegation of the Egyptian Company Elsewedy Electric led by CEO Ahmed Elsewedy, with whom he discussed the development of energy cooperation, said the ministry in a communiqué.
During this meeting, “the talks focused on the activities of the Egyptian company in Algeria and internationally, and the prospects for future collaboration,” said the source.
On this occasion, Arkab expressed his “satisfaction” with the cooperation and partnership relations with Elswedy Electric and calling them “excellent.”
“I hope the Egyptian company will further strengthen its presence in Algeria and seize the opportunities offered under the development of programmes by the energy sector to diversify energy sources through the development of renewable energy and electricity transmission networks,” said the source.
Elsewedy said he was “very satisfied” with the “very fruitful” collaboration of his company with the Algerian energy sector, while expressing “the interest and readiness of his company to further develop and strengthen this partnership.”
The Egyptian company through its subsidiary based in Ain Defla, Elswedy Electric-Algeria, is involved in the supply and installation of electrical cables.
During a press conference on Monday, the company announced the expansion of its product range (coaxial cables, solar cables and high-voltage cable accessories).
- Algeria “strongly” condemns terrorist attack in Burkina Faso
- Algeria steps up fight against illegal fishing, says FAO
- President Tebboune receives Head of Libyan Government of National Unity
- Libya’s al-Mangouche welcomes Algeria’s “unrelenting efforts” to protecting Libya’s sovereignty
- Algeria stands in “full” solidarity with Libyan people, asserts Boukadoum