APS :Thursday, 12 November 2020
ALGIERS- The secretary general of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), Mohammad Barkindo, on Thursday praised Algeria’s role within the OPEC and the GECF and its chairmanship of the two organizations in 2020, a year marked by the impact of the coronavirus on energy sector.
Speaking from Vienna at the 22nd ministerial meeting of the Gas Exporting Countries Forum (GECF) via video link, Barkindo commended the “exceptional leadership role” of the minister of Energy, Abdelmadjid Attar, who chairs, this year, two of the world’s leading energy organizations, namely OPEC and GECF.
“This role (chairmanship of the two organizations) shows the importance of Algeria as the main supplier of the world’s precious oil and gas resources.”
Barkindo also welcomed the new summits reached in the fruitful and ongoing cooperation between the two organizations within the framework of OPEC-GECF energy dialogue.
He acknowledged the role played by the secretary general of the GECF, Yury Sentyurin, in deepening the ties between the two organizations.
- (Français) Forum sur la contribution de la Femme Algérienne dans le développement de l’économie
- Commemorating National Migration Day
- Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation