APS : Tuesday, 18 October 2016
ALGIERS- Minister of Public Works and Transport Boudjemâa Talai and Chinese Vice Minister of Commerce Qian Keming agreed Monday, in Algiers, on the installation of a joint committee to examine and follow-up the financing and construction of El Hamdania Port in Tipaza.
The agreement was concluded in a meeting at the headquarters of the ministry in the presence of the delegations of the two sides. Several joint projects were broached in the field of public works as well as ways to develop them, notably the project relating to the construction of El Hamdania Port.
The two sides agreed on the installation of a joint committee to follow-up the works. It is made up of Ministries of Public Works and Transport, Finance and Foreign Affairs as well as officials from the port company, on the Algerian side.
It also comprises representatives of the Chinese ministry, a Chinese bank in charge of financing the project as well as members of the Chinese embassy in Algiers.
The committee will also be responsible for the elaboration of a road map for the construction and follow-up of works at the technical, financial and management levels after the delivery of the project.
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister
- Lamamra calls for strengthening Algeria’s role to achieve peace
- Lamamra, Jordanian counterpart hold phone conversation on situation in Arab region