APS : Sunday, 24 April 2016
DAKAR (Senegal)- Algerian cyclist Abderrahmane Mansouri won the first stage of the Tour of Senegal, raced Saturday between Dakar and the city of Tivaouane.
The Algerian raced the distance of 71 km in 1h37’32”, ahead of Senegalese Traoré Becaye (1h37’44”) and his teammate, Abdellah Benyoucef (1h37’44”).
Mansouri, riding for Emirati team Al Sharjah, also snatched the yellow jersey of leader, green jersey of best sprinter and white jersey of best hopeful.
The 15th Tour of Senegal started Saturday, in Dakar (Senegal) for eight racing days (23-30 April) with the participation of 72 cyclists representing 12 teams.
Senegal lined up a national team and another regional (Caimans) alongside representatives of Algeria, Morocco, Gambia, DR Congo, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium and United Arab Emirates (UAE).
The Tour of Senegal will lead cyclists to Saint Louis in the North, Fatick and Diourbel in the East and Joal in the South.
The last stage ending 977 kilometres of pedalling will take place in the capital of the country on Charles-de-Gaulle Boulevard, with a closed circuit on Saturday, 30 April.
The Algerian team will take part in this event with Azzedine Lagab, Mohamed Bouzidi, Hichem Mokhrati, Abderrahmane Mansouri, Abdellah Benyoucef and Abderrahmane Hamza.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister