APS : Monday, 16 July 2018
ALGIERS- Algeria-Mauritania Joint committee on customs cooperation will meet Tuesday in Nouakchott, with the participation of the Director General of Algerian Customs,
Farouk Bahamid, said Monday the Algerian Customs in a communiqué.
The two-day meeting is part of the implementation of the agreement signed between the Algerian and Mauritanian governments in Nouakchott on 8 November 2017 for the opening of a land border crossing at the common border, PK 75, said the communiqué.
The border crossing point would contribute to securing borders, facilitating the movement of people and goods and bolstering trade between the two countries.
This project is also in line with the recommendations of the World Customs Organization on coordinated border control, said the communiqué.
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya
- Mr. Attaf received by President of the Republic of Sierra Leone in Equatorial Guinea
- Minister ATTAF holds talks with his counterpart from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr. Attaf receives phone call from Tunisian, and Mauritanian counterparts and meets Libya’s FM in Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Attaf holds talks with his Congolese counterpart in Equatorial Guinea