APS : Monday, 16 July 2018
ALGIERS- Algeria-Mauritania Joint committee on customs cooperation will meet Tuesday in Nouakchott, with the participation of the Director General of Algerian Customs,
Farouk Bahamid, said Monday the Algerian Customs in a communiqué.
The two-day meeting is part of the implementation of the agreement signed between the Algerian and Mauritanian governments in Nouakchott on 8 November 2017 for the opening of a land border crossing at the common border, PK 75, said the communiqué.
The border crossing point would contribute to securing borders, facilitating the movement of people and goods and bolstering trade between the two countries.
This project is also in line with the recommendations of the World Customs Organization on coordinated border control, said the communiqué.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum