APS : Wednesday, 23 March 2016
CONSTANTINE (Algeria)- Algerian cyclist Adil Barbari, from the Emirates’ Nasr-Dubai Club, won Wednesday the first stage of the International Cycling Tour of Constantine (431-km east of Algiers),
the eight event in the Grand Tour of Algeria (GTAC 2016), snatching at the same time the leader’s yellow jersey, the best sprinter’s red jersey and the best climber’s polka dot jersey.
Adil Barbari clocked 3:05:36, ahead of his compatriot from the Algerian East team, Abdellah Benyoucef (3:05:37), and his Lithuanian teammate at Nasr-Dubai Club, Tomas Vaitkus (3:05:37).
The cyclists competed throughout the 117-km section under a driving rain, crossing the towns of Berrahal, Annaba, and Constantine, through Skikda,
The best hopeful’s white jersey went to Algerian Hamza Yacine, from the Algerian West team.
The second stage of Constantine’s international tour, a 157-km section (Constantine-Oum El-Bouaghi-Constantine), will take place on Thursday.
- (Français) Communiqué du Conseil des ministres
- Algeria-Saudi Arabia parliamentary friendship and fraternity group set up
- Algeria offers condolences on deadly stampede at Indonesian stadium
- Burkina Faso: Foreign ministry closely monitors situation of national community
- MOU on political consultations between Algeria, Thailand