APS : Wednesday, 23 March 2016
CONSTANTINE (Algeria)- Algerian cyclist Adil Barbari, from the Emirates’ Nasr-Dubai Club, won Wednesday the first stage of the International Cycling Tour of Constantine (431-km east of Algiers),
the eight event in the Grand Tour of Algeria (GTAC 2016), snatching at the same time the leader’s yellow jersey, the best sprinter’s red jersey and the best climber’s polka dot jersey.
Adil Barbari clocked 3:05:36, ahead of his compatriot from the Algerian East team, Abdellah Benyoucef (3:05:37), and his Lithuanian teammate at Nasr-Dubai Club, Tomas Vaitkus (3:05:37).
The cyclists competed throughout the 117-km section under a driving rain, crossing the towns of Berrahal, Annaba, and Constantine, through Skikda,
The best hopeful’s white jersey went to Algerian Hamza Yacine, from the Algerian West team.
The second stage of Constantine’s international tour, a 157-km section (Constantine-Oum El-Bouaghi-Constantine), will take place on Thursday.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister