APS : Sunday, 06 December 2020
ALGIERS- Industrial group Algeria Cement (GICA) has passed the one million tonnes mark in clinker exports to several international markets for the year 2020, the state-owned group said Sunday in a statement.
Those results have been achieved despite the fallout of the spread of Covid-19 pandemic on the international market, the statement said.
GICA Group had exported 272,196 tonnes of cement and clinker in 2018, its first year of export, increasing to 519,051 tonnes in 2019 before exceeding one million tonnes of clinker at the end of November 2020, an evolution of more than 100% compared to 2019, according to the statement.
During 2018 and 2019, the GICA group entered several markets in the African continent: Ivory Coast, Gambia, Ghana, Mauritania, Senegal, Cameroon, Benin and Guinea.
In addition to African markets, the Group has entered Latin America and the Caribbean, namely Brazil, Peru, the Dominican Republic and Haiti.
Despite the constraints generated by the country’s health crisis, notably the reduction of staff to 50%, the restrictions imposed on the movement of cement transport trucks and the output cut for more than three months, the GICA Group was able achieve unprecedented momentum in 2020, by significantly increasing its exports and entering new international markets.
- President Tebboune arrives in Ankara
- Assigned by President Tebboune, PM extends condolences to family of late Sheikh Khalifa
- President Tebboune congratulates new UAE president
- (Français) Visite d’Etat du président Tebboune en Turquie: consolider des relations entre les deux pays frères
- Algeria strongly condemns Terrorist attack in Togo