APS : SUNDAY 12 JANUARY 2020
ALGIERS – The Algerian cement exports continued their ascending trend. They totaled more than $59 million during the first 11 months of 2019, up 239.20% compared to the last period in 2018,
the Customs’ Surveys and Prospects Department (DEPD) told APS.
The exports of hydraulic cements, including non-pulverized cement (also called clinker), hiked from $17.47 million in the 11 months of 2018 to $59.24 million in the same period of 2019, up 239.20%, said the same source.
With this pace, the cement export forecasts, provided last November by the trade ministry will be adjusted.
Supervising last November a cement export operation from Biskra to Ivory Coast, former Trade Minister Saïd Djellab had said that the cement export revenues were expected to reach $60 million in late 2019.
Algeria, which cement production capacities have reached 40 million tonnes per year, is capable of exporting up to 20 million tonnes, while the needs of the local cement market were around 22 million tonnes / year.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart