APS : Monday, 13 May 2019
ORAN (Algeria)- Two grey cement and white clinker export operations by the cement plant Lafarge Ciment of Oggaz, Mascara (361 km west of Algiers), to West Africa and Cameroon were carried out Sunday
through the port of Oran, the industrial group said.
A total of 15,000 tonnes of grey cement have been exported to West Africa while 5,000 tonnes of white clinker and 25,000 tonnes of grey clinker have been exported to Cameroon, the group said in a statement.
The success of this first dispatch “will open the door for new opportunities to export our cement and white clinker to African countries.”
The operation, carried out with the support of the management of Oran Port, has benefited from the commercial and logistical assistance of “LafargeHolcim Trading,” a world-class firm dedicated to international trade.
It holds more than 50% of clinker and cement trade around the Mediterranean and in Africa.
- President Tebboune receives Coordinator for Middle East, North Africa at US National Security Council
- (Français) Le président Tebboune reçoit les chefs des délégations au Colloque sur “le droit d’accès” à la “justice constitutionnelle”
- Algeria strongly condemns massacre perpetrated in DR Congo
- (Français) L’Algérie abrite la 9e conférence de haut niveau sur la paix et la sécurité en Afrique
- Algeria-Jordan: Need to expand bilateral cooperation