APS : Sunday, 03 April 2016
BURBAN (South Africa)-Algeria won one silver medal and one bronze at the Canoe sprint African championships held in Durban (South Africa) qualifying for Olympic Games 2016 to be held in Rio de Janeiro.
Duo Oussama Djabali-Baghdadi Nacereddine won a silver medal over 1000 m in K2 category (03:46.74) after South African duo Hattingh Louis-McLaren Stuart (03:31.82). Tunisian duo Mrabet Mohamed and Belhadj Mohamed (03:46.84) ranked 3th.
For his part, Algeria Baghdadi Nacereddine snatched the bronze medal over 1000 m in K1 category (04:03.45), after gold medal winner Tunisian Mrabet Mohamed (03:36.72) and South African Hatting Louis (03:38.82).
For the first time, Algeria is partaking in this continental sports event that wraps up Sunday, in the presence of many countries.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart