APS : Wednesday, 14 February 2018
ORAN- The building work of Peugeot car assembly plant will be launched in April in the locality of El Hamoul, in the commune of El Kerma (Oran, 432-km west of Algiers), said Wednesday Othmane Mohamed,
in charge of investments at the provinces’ industry and mining department.
The work will be launched once the technical procedures and the geotechnical survey of the site completed, he told APS.
The plant will be built on an area stretching over 120 hectares in El Hamoul, in the commune of El Kerma.
A large part of the site will host Peugeot car assembly plant while the rest will be reserved to subcontracting companies operating in the field of spare parts production.
The site of El Hamoul has been chosen given its strategic location, between the two trunk roads N4 and N108, near the railway lines linking Oued Tlelet (Oran), Sidi Bel Abbes, Tlemcen and Algiers and not far from the East-West motorway.
The future car assembly plant, which would contribute to the creation of 1,000 direct jobs and thousands of indirect jobs, is due to be commissioned by the first quarter of 2019, added Othmane Mohamed.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum