APS : Tuesday, 08 March 2016
ALGIERS- Sonatrach and British firm Amec Foster Wheeler signed Monday in Algiers an agreement on the execution of engineering studies relating to three refinery projects in Hassi Messaoud, Biskra and Tiaret, estimated at EUR17.28 million.
The agreement, inked by the deputy chairman of Sonatrach for liquefaction, refining and petrochemistry, Akli Remini, and the executive manager of Amec Foster Wheeler, Marco Moresco, provides for the British company’s execution of FEED type studies, or basic engineering studies, for the future refinery units in Hassi Messaoud, Biskra and Tiaret.
The three refineries will have a total treatment capacity of 15 million tonnes per year, that is, five million tonnes a year of oil and gas products.
The refineries are due to meet European and international requirements in terms of environment, with a low sulphur, lead and chemical additives content.
The three refineries, to be operational between 2019 and 2020, are part of a petrochemical programme meant to raise national production of fuel and oil products to 60 million tonnes per year by 2019, against 27 million tonnes now.
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار