APS : Wednesday, 16 March 2016
YAOUNDE- Algerian boxer Reda Benbaziz (60 kg) qualified Wednesday for the semi-finals of the pre-Olympic tournament which is taking place in Yaoundé (Cameroon), beating Kenyan Okoth Nicholas Okongo.
Benbaziz is the sixth Algerian boxer to earn his ticket to the semifinals of the competition after the qualification of Mohamed Flissi (52 kg), Chouaib Bouloudinet (91 kg) Abdelhafid Benchabla (81 kg), Souhila Bouchene (48-51 kg) and Elhem Mekhaled (57-60 kg).
Fahem Hammachi (56 kg) was eliminated at the quarterfinals by Tunisian Bilel Mhamdi.
Algerian boxer Zoheir Kedache (59 kg) will play Tunisian Thamer Marzouk for a spot in the semifinals.
Algeria participates in the pre-Olympic tournament with ten boxers.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister