APS : Thursday, 15 December 2016
HOUSTON (United States)- Minister of Energy Noureddine Bouterfa held discussion Wednesday in Houston, United States, with many US business leaders with whom he broached cooperation in alternative energy.
Bouterfa, on the sidelines of the Algerian-US forum on energy, met Bruce Cutright and John Chrosneck, respectively the CEOs of Thermal Energy Partner and Dupont, two American companies specialized in the development of renewable energy projects (especially photovoltaic and geothermal energy).
The minister stressed the need to develop local production of equipment and the transfer of technology.
During the forum, the minister announced that a national and international invitation to tender is to be launched soon for a mega solar power plant project, (through the photovoltaic system), to produce 4,000 MW.
Boutarfa also received the CEO of ValvTechnology, Kevin Hunt, and the deputy chairman of Air Products Chemicals, Samir Sarhan.
The minister tackled with Samir Sarhan the expansion of partnership between Sonatrach and Air Products Chemicals, as part of joint-venture Helios, specialized in helium production.
- President Tebboune receives Coordinator for Middle East, North Africa at US National Security Council
- (Français) Le président Tebboune reçoit les chefs des délégations au Colloque sur “le droit d’accès” à la “justice constitutionnelle”
- Algeria strongly condemns massacre perpetrated in DR Congo
- (Français) L’Algérie abrite la 9e conférence de haut niveau sur la paix et la sécurité en Afrique
- Algeria-Jordan: Need to expand bilateral cooperation