APS : Saturday, 23 July 2016
ALGIERS – Energy Minister Noureddine Boutarfa and US Deputy Secretary of State Tony Blinken on Saturday in Algiers discussed the partnership in the field of energy, said a ministry statement.
“The talks between the two parties focused on the relations of cooperation and partnership between Algeria and the United States in the field of hydrocarbons and energy,” the ministry said.
Boutarfa and Tony Blinken “expressed their appreciation of these relationships and their willingness to deepen them especially in the fields of renewable energy, technical cooperation and training.”
On this occasion, Boutarfa outlined to Blinken, the main lines of the National Programme of Renewable Energies “calling for mutually beneficial partnership between the two countries’ companies, especially for the manufacture of industrial equipment related to these energies,” added the statement.
Their discussions also concerned the developments in the world oil market, to be at the centre of the 15th Ministerial Meeting of the International Energy Forum, scheduled from 26 to 28 September in Algiers.
U.S. is expected to take part in Forum.
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار