APS : Sunday, 11 September 2016
ALGIERS- Minister of Energy Noureddine Boutarfa held discussions in Paris with Saudi Minister of Energy, Industry and Mineral Resources Khalid Al Falih and the Secretary General of the International Energy Forum (IEF), Xiansheng Sun, said Sunday the Energy Minister in a statement.
The tripartite meeting, held on Friday, focused on the preparations for the 15th IEF Ministerial Meeting, which will took place in Algiers from 26 to 28 September, said the statement.
Boutarfa also held tripartite talks in Paris with his Saudi counterpart and the secretary general of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), Muhammed Sanusi Barkindo.
The discussions were devoted on the analysis of the situation in the world oil market and the preparation of the OPEC informal meeting, to take place in Algiers on the sidelines of the 15thIEF Ministerial Meeting, with a view to reaching consensual solutions between producing countries in order to stabilize the oil market.
During his visit to Moscow on Friday, Boutarfa held discussions with Russian Minister of Energy Alexander Novak, while few days earlier he met with his counterparts of Iran in Teheran and Qatar in Doha.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum