APS : Wednesday, 22 March 2017
ALGIERS- The minister of Energy Noureddine Boutarfa called Wednesday, in Algiers, to facilitate the creation of a Mediterranean energy market and to develop an “integrated, safe and lasting” regional power transmission network,
said the ministry in a communiqué.
In an audience granted to the Secretary General of the Association of the Mediterranean Transmission System Operators (Med-TSO) Angelo Ferrante, Boutarfa called to increase efforts and support the institutional initiatives aimed at facilitating the creation of a Mediterranean energy market and developing an integrated, safe and lasting regional power transmission network,” said the communiqué.
In this regard, the minister expressed his satisfaction regarding Med-TSO’s contribution to the construction of an integrated and secure network for power transmission in the Mediterranean, thanks to the coordinated actions at the institutional level by member countries.
He also insisted on the need for Med-TSO to further focus on the studies and the implementation of a shared database to become “a competent and proactive player, as well a source of proposals” for institutions and other relevant European and Mediterranean stakeholders.
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization
- Algeria vigorously condemns terrorist attack on Chad security forces
- Algeria partakes in 28th International Travel Show in Poland
- (Français) Réunion préparatoire du Sommet extraordinaire de l’UA sur l’industrialisation : Lamamra met en avant l’expérience de l’Algérie
- Holding of 7th session of political consultations between Algeria, Argentina