APS : Wednesday, 22 March 2017
ALGIERS- The minister of Energy Noureddine Boutarfa called Wednesday, in Algiers, to facilitate the creation of a Mediterranean energy market and to develop an “integrated, safe and lasting” regional power transmission network,
said the ministry in a communiqué.
In an audience granted to the Secretary General of the Association of the Mediterranean Transmission System Operators (Med-TSO) Angelo Ferrante, Boutarfa called to increase efforts and support the institutional initiatives aimed at facilitating the creation of a Mediterranean energy market and developing an integrated, safe and lasting regional power transmission network,” said the communiqué.
In this regard, the minister expressed his satisfaction regarding Med-TSO’s contribution to the construction of an integrated and secure network for power transmission in the Mediterranean, thanks to the coordinated actions at the institutional level by member countries.
He also insisted on the need for Med-TSO to further focus on the studies and the implementation of a shared database to become “a competent and proactive player, as well a source of proposals” for institutions and other relevant European and Mediterranean stakeholders.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart