APS : Wednesday, 22 March 2017
ALGIERS- The minister of Energy Noureddine Boutarfa called Wednesday, in Algiers, to facilitate the creation of a Mediterranean energy market and to develop an “integrated, safe and lasting” regional power transmission network,
said the ministry in a communiqué.
In an audience granted to the Secretary General of the Association of the Mediterranean Transmission System Operators (Med-TSO) Angelo Ferrante, Boutarfa called to increase efforts and support the institutional initiatives aimed at facilitating the creation of a Mediterranean energy market and developing an integrated, safe and lasting regional power transmission network,” said the communiqué.
In this regard, the minister expressed his satisfaction regarding Med-TSO’s contribution to the construction of an integrated and secure network for power transmission in the Mediterranean, thanks to the coordinated actions at the institutional level by member countries.
He also insisted on the need for Med-TSO to further focus on the studies and the implementation of a shared database to become “a competent and proactive player, as well a source of proposals” for institutions and other relevant European and Mediterranean stakeholders.
- Belhimer: Algeria attaches particular importance to media role in defense of Arab questions
- (Français) Boukadoum prend part à la réunion consultative des ministres arabes des AE
- (Français) Patrimoine : Toufik Hamoum reconduit à la tête du Conseil consultatif de l’Unesco
- Renewable energy: Algeria has Africa’s third largest installed capacity in 2020
- Setting up by 2035 of strategy to combat desertification