APS : Thursday, 04 August 2016
ALGIERS- Minister of Industry and Mines Abdesselam Bouchouareb on Thursday visited several industrial sites of the Indonesian region of Purwakarta (90 km of Jakarta), including the site of Indorama, partner of two Algerian public groups for the exploitation and the processing of phosphate.
At the plant of Indorama, one of Indonesia’s main polymers manufacture subsidiaries, Bouchouareb highlighted Algeria’s ambitions in the field of petro-chemistry notably the segments of plastic resin and polymers derived from natural gas, said the ministry in a communiqué.
“Algeria now imports worth $6.5 billion of plastic products. This constitutes a fantastic opportunity of substitution by a national production and export towards the Sub-Saharan Africa countries and the Mediterranean region,” said Bouchouareb.
In this regard, he underlined that Algeria possesses in this field all the assets to reduce imports of those products thanks to the availability of high quality natural gas, suitable for the petrochemical processing, as well as its proximity with Mediterranean and African markets.
The minister and the delegation accompanying him later headed to Indorama’s Polytechnic Center, which receives 270 students in a 2 hectare campus which includes an international school for the kids of the 5,000 employees of the firm.
Minister requested that Indorama includes a training component of the same level of in Algeria, especially in the partnerships recently signed in Algiers between this group and Indorama and two national public enterprises
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy