APS : Tuesday, 24 May 2016
DOHA- Minister of Industry and Mines Abdesselam Bouchouareb examined Tuesday in Doha with Qatari Minister of Energy and Industry Mohammed Bin Saleh Al-Sada, the means of developing the bilateral economic relations and the prospects for new partnership projects.
Bouchouareb currently pays a working visit to Qatar at the invitation of his counterpart.
He expressed satisfaction with the “exceptional” relations existing between Algeria and Qatar, insisting on the need for promoting the economic partnership between the two countries, “which remains below the level of the bilateral political relations.”
The meeting represented “an opportunity to assess the ongoing projects between the two countries,” said the minister adding that discussions focused on the “launch of new projects in the future.”
Bouchouareb reported the Qataris’ willingness “to move forward so to help Algeria make a breakthrough in the national economy and revive an economy freed from any dependence on hydrocarbons.”
Al Sada voiced his satisfaction with the level of the Algerian-Qatari relations, revived several years ago by both leaders, announcing “new projects in the pipeline.”
We have “discussed future projects and opportunities to exploit in the best interests of both countries,” he said.
- Lamamra partakes in 76th session of UN General Assembly
- President Tebboune receives Vice President of Libyan Presidential Council
- Lamamra, V. Muraleedharan discuss issues of common interest
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide