APS : Tuesday, 10 May 2016
ALGIERS- Minister of Industry and Mines Abdessalam Bouchouareb will represent Algeria in the 26th World Economic Forum on Africa to be hosted by in Kigali (Rwanda) from Wednesday, said Tuesday a ministry statement.
Under the theme “Connecting Africa’s Resources through Digital Transformation,” this three-day meeting brings together more than 1,500 participants including regional and global political leaders, economic leaders, personalities and representatives of civil society and art.
The source said that Bouchouareb participates in several sessions including those relating to the development in Africa, stimulating competitiveness and inclusive growth in the continent.
On the sidelines, the minister will hold talks with top politicians and meet with economic decision-makers interested in investing in the industry in Algeria.
Several months ago, the World Economic Forum expressed readiness to assist Algeria in its reforms, particularly for improving the competitiveness of the domestic industry as well as promoting the image of Algeria through the events organized by the WEF in Davos, Switzerland.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum